oh hey, blog

Heyyyyy 2017! I've been struggling to get back into the swing of things around here after the holidays. Everyone's all energized with the beginning of the new year and writing goals and gettin' shit done and I'm all about counting down the minutes until bedtime so I can lay around and watch too many episodes of Intervention and Fixer Upper. I have four randoms for you today. I couldn't even muster up a 5th thought... I'm in a funk, ya'll!

{ONE}

Preschool started back up today so maybe that'll help get my groove back. Establish the routine. Have my child do something other than watch the same episodes of The Lion Guard over and over again. Kidding. Kind of....

It's cold as all get out today so I think one more day of being a shut-in will do me good. ;)

{TWO}

This two-year old has decided she doesn't need to take naps or sleep longer than 3 hours at a time during the night or snooze past 6 AM. Remember when I bragged that we'd have to WAKE HER UP for things in the morning?!?

TAKE ME BACK.

She flipped into high gear shortly after her birthday and it's been miserable ever since. Sleep regressions can kiss my ass. For reals.


{THREE}

Any tips for getting these sister girls to play TOGETHER? Without me having to referee every second of the game? They seem to fight so much! Maybe it's still just an age thing? Leighton is very much into pestering her big sis and Gracyn often declares, "I just wanna be left alone!" Justin can get them to play hide-and-seek together every once in a while but I spend a large portion of my day separating them into their own corners. It's exhausting. I'm still hopeful they'll love each other some day!

{FOUR}

This made me LOL...

via
I'm not one to make a bunch of New Year's resolutions but I am trying to make an effort to put my damn phone down more often. Especially around the kids. It's so hard because I do almost everything from my phone (emails, banking, take pictures, etc.) but mostly I'm on social media reading the comment sections on political news stories and getting pissed at complete strangers. It's just not worth it, ya know?! Ain't nobody got time for that! Less phone time, more kisses from Leighton (which are really just slobbery licks to my face when I'm not looking...).

Hope you all have a great weekend!






6 comments

  1. We are about to get hit with snow today and a lot more on Sunday so it's looking like a weekend of being shut-in around here! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one likes a skinny sober bitch...hahahah I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post!

    I'm hiding out because of the snow and cold too. Three pj days in a row? FINE BY ME.

    I love the resolution meme!! LOL! I'm with you on the less phone time though- it's hard because like you, I'm doing tons of things on my phone. But to my girls, it's all the same- just me looking at a screen instead of them. It's good to be aware of it and try to take steps to lessen it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers! Here's to 2017 ... more sleep, less phone and sisters who play well together! Hang in there - winter is just beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your resolution about putting your phone down. Damn, I have gotten so bad about it and my husband is even worse! I want to make a real effort to do better. Hope you get your good sleeper back and in the meantime, enjoy those slobbery licks to the face :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, putting the phone down is something I'm working on too. Kind of dumb, but if I lay it upside down and don't see notifications, then I feel like I'm less likely to check it. I'm sure I could go in and shut notifications off, but that sounds kind of permanent ;)

    Sleep regressions are freaking terrible. I mean...WHY?!?! Hopefully it passes soon and there's lots of sleep in your future!

    ReplyDelete