Gracyn :: Four Years Old








Note: the above "posing" was all her idea. She was in charge, I was just supposed to take the pictures... ;)

My biggest gal is F O U R today! Happiest of birthdays to the girl who made me a mama. Gracyn, you really are the best.

You have been wishing for your birthday to come for months now. We've talked about it pretty much every day since Christmas because you're so excited to celebrate. Daddy and I took the day off work today to make it even more special. I love that we can do this, for at least one more year or so, before you're in school full time. We have big plans to open presents, get doughnuts for breakfast and hit up the aquarium down at Crown Center.

At four, you are very into talking and asking questions. If the news is on, you're constantly wondering what's happening or what they're talking about. So much so that I can't always concentrate on the story enough to answer your questions... ;) I love it though, you're always curious and eager to learn. You LOVE school and I'm constantly blown away with what you know. A few weeks ago, you randomly started singing the months of the year and I had no idea you knew any of that. You make me proud, girlfriend.

You have a love/hate relationship with your sister. She's a handful and still learning how to be a good friend (she likes to hit and kick..) but you ALWAYS accept her apology. You ask to "be alone" more often than not when she's in your hair but I'm convinced you two will start really playing together here soon. Every once in awhile I'll find you two playing a game or something peaceful and will ride that wave as long as I can. Ha!

We've talked a lot lately about what it means to be a good friend, to be kind to others and to make sure we always use our manners. You don't throw very many fits - for that, I am SO thankful! - but in the event that you're having a "moment", we're quick to sit you down and talk it through. You are sensitive and get more upset when you think you're in trouble or when you know you did something wrong so I think you really try to behave most of the time! ;)

You love to play outside, ride your bike, play with friends and you ask to watch a show about 341234 times a day. On a normal day, I can't get you nap any more but you will rest quietly while watching weird YouTube videos that you somehow manage to find on the internet. You also love to help me cook and/or bake which is fun.

Life is never dull with you in it and I'm so glad I get to be your mom. I can't wait to see what this next year brings! We love you, Goose!

These interview questions cracked me up. I'm pretty sure she only likes to go to the aquarium because we've been talking about it for a few days now (the only other time she's been there was 2 years ago..) and I don't know what toy train she's talking about as being her favorite toy. She's right about #14 though, when she's in a mood, you better not be caught looking at her.. haha!

My babe is growing up too quickly, that's for sure.


1 Year Old // 2 Years Old // 3 Years Old

2 comments