Gifts That Keep On Giving

Another gift guide?! I know, right? But hear me out. Anyone else falling victim to last-minute Christmas shopping? No matter how much I try to plan and make my lists, I always find myself falling behind. Here we are, basically O N E week until Christmas and I still have things to do and gifts to get for peeps on my list.

I'm a big fan of reading gift guides put together by other bloggers. But those last-minute gifts always get me. My shopping days are limited, shipping times are running out and I don't want to just buy something on a whim. I want my loved ones to actually enjoy their presents, after all.

The big-ticket items are great, sure, but I also like giving gifts that have long-term value. Things that my dear friends and family could use for months {or even years} to come! As I scoured the interwebs for ideas, I am across so many great subscription boxes and monthly programs that you can gift to someone on your list. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind snagging a few of these for myself. So, if anyone still needs to buy a present for me, please keep reading.. ;)


For the mama, sister, and girlfriend on your list... 
So many bloggers rave about Stitch Fix, where you can sign up to have online personal stylists pick out clothing and accessories and have them sent to you for a styling fee every month. You decide what you like and/or don't like. Pay for what you keep and send the rest back. I've been on the fence about trying it myself. Another option is Golden Tote, which might be at a slightly lower price point.

Another one I've seen circling around blogland is RocksBox, which is a subscription box for jewelry. You essentially rent pieces for a monthly fee. You're able to exchange the pieces as often as you like or purchase the ones you love. I'm not a huge jewelry-wearer but I know a few ladies that might love it!

Another idea? Magazine subscriptions. My mom renews my PEOPLE magazine every year for my birthday. I love her for it. I really like PEOPLE magazine and have for years! I love getting the mail on Fridays 'cuz I know PEOPLE will be there. I'm a freak, I know. But, find out what her fave magazine is and gift it. She'll love ya for it!

I'm also on the fence about getting a Fitbit. I probably need one and I think it'd be a really good gift as a form of motivation. You can download the app and connect with your friends or others who have a Fitbit to help keep you on track regarding those new year resolutions we all have...

For the men, boys and gents in your life...
My hubs has used Dollar Shave Club for awhile now. He loves it and I love it because it saves tons of money. Have you seen how ridiculously expensive men's razors are!? I mean, I know I'm cheap because I buy the 10-pack of disposable razors to shave my legs, but spending $15+ on a S I N G L E razor is bananas. So, for a couple bucks a month, Justin gets a box of blades sent to the house for a nice clean shave. His face is happy, and so is our bank account.

Sock 101 (a Kansas City company!) offers a sock-of-the-month subscription starting at $11 per month so you can keep your man stylish without breaking the bank. Another good one is the Craft Beer Club because getting alcohol delivered to your home is just plain awesome. Mantry delivers manly food like bacon spread and pepperoni which is basically speaking my husband's love language, so we might have to check that one out for sure.

For dem babies, toddlers and kids...
The Honest Company offers several bundle packages that you can get on a monthly basis. Kiwi Crate sends a box every month filled with things to promote creative learning. We're not into Legos yet at our house but for a monthly fee, you can rent sets from Pley. The thought of losing those tiny parts just about stresses me out but I was reading on their site and I guess they don't charge you for "normal loss." There is no guarantee, however, that you will not step on those tiny, painful pieces of plastic.

Bluum is one that I do want to try. It's tailored to mamas and babies, based on your child's developmental age. Their products seem useful and purposeful, making sure you get the best bang for your buck.

For everyone else...
Who doesn't love getting cards in the mail? Sign up for a monthly subscription through Hello Happiness Card Co (Kansas City!) and start spreading the love. Getting their cards in the mail would definitely put a smile on my face.
Find a local photographer in your area and take advantage of some professional photos. If you're local to Kansas City, check out KCMB's Guide to Family Photographers. Purchase a session for a friend or family member {or yourself!} and enjoy the pictures for years to come!

Have you tried any of these programs? Any that I should add to the list or check out?!
Happy gifting!

1 comment

  1. I LOVE my FitBit. I definitely getting the version that tracks HR if you're going to do it. It's a little more expensive but it's worth it because the measurements during exercise that isn't walking are more accurate.

    ReplyDelete