Seven Quick Takes

Linking up because that's all I ever do..

1. The weather has finally cooled down to the point where we can be outside and not sweat our balls off. I'm determined to take G for several walks around the 'hood this weekend and maybe take her to the park and venture to the swings for the first time. 

2. This week was a doozy and I'm glad it's over. Gracyn slept better (yay!) but I slept worse (boo!) and I didn't think that was possible. Tuesday night I decided to be an insomniac and got what felt like 2 hours of sleep. 

3. On Wednesday morning as I was getting ready to head out the door with Gracyn, she decided it was an opportune time to have the mother of all blowouts. I'll spare you the gory details but we both had to change clothes and I was late to work. I'm always late to work (like, every day. I should probably win employee of the year...) but on Wednesday I was noticeably late. I blamed it on the baby (...and throw in mother of the year while you're at it).

4. I've never been a pageant girl and I can't remember the last time I watched the Miss America pageant but I secretly hope Miss Kansas wins it this year. She's rocking some bad ass tattoos, she's in the national guard, and an archery expert. Pretty hardcore if you ask me.

5. Totally random but I saw this commercial the other day for the air curler and for some reason thought it was the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Curls in seconds!
I don't even know if thing this would actually work but who am I to say anything. I severely lack mad skillz when it comes to doing my hair. I can straighten it or put it in a pony tail- that's about it. And I'd be a little be a little nervous using it for fear that instead of curling my hair it would just suck it up into the wind tunnel and I'd have to get some horrific haircut to fix my own mistakes.

6. What's a blog post without a picture or two of Gracyn?

So sweet and innocent.
Big foot.
7. She's so big these days. The other day Justin commented that "she does all of these things now. She used to just sleep." When she was only a few weeks old I had a crazy new mom moment where I was concerned she was sleeping too much...like 20 hours a day. I googled it and everything. Duh, that's what babies do. They sleep.

Anyway, I told Justin that I missed her being an itty bitty baby and had a momentary lapse in judgement and asked when he wanted to have another baby. He just looked at me and said, "it's still too soon."  He's right but for a split second my mind went there...

But, look! She was so teeny and cuddly and squishy!

I mean, for reals.
Love.
Head over to Jen's for more quick takes. Happy Weekend!



2 comments

  1. I saw the commercial for the air curler and all I could think about was it twisting my hair into one giant rat's nest of knots. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete