Five on Friday

{ONE: MY BIRTHDAY}

My birthday was on Wednesday and I turned the big 2-8. I love my birthday and always get depressed when it's all said and done. I spent the day at work (big fat bummer) but my co-workers are pretty sweet and brought me a cupcake. And some candy. And they took me out to lunch. Yep, they're awesome.

I snuck out a little early and picked up the babe and when we got home, my parents had arrived in town for the weekend. We all headed out to get some din-din and this big girl helped me celebrate:
happy birfday, mommy!

{TWO: BIRTHDAY CAKE}

Justin offered to bake me a birthday cake 'cuz he's awesome. Rufus thought it was awesome too. We have since yelled at him 1029024938291 times to stay away from the cake. If you eat the cake, you will die. Chocolate is lethal to dogs. Except for you, probably. You could eat the entire chocolate cake washed down with chocolate milk and still live yo' life because you're not normal and you hate us.
no cake for you.
just call him cake boss.

{THREE: BIRTHDAY DATE WITH THE HUSBAND}

My mom and dad babysat (THANK YOU!) on Thursday night so the hubby and I could go out to dinner sans offspring. I'm embarrassed to say that this was the first time since the baby was born that we had gone out, just the two of us. That's eight whole months. That's a long time.

We went to Bonefish, which is actually where we had our first date. For a second we thought about re-creating our first date, which went a little something like this:

1. enjoy a super nice dinner at a pretty nice restaurant where several alcoholic beverages are consumed.
2. you know what will really impress this girl? a strip club! yes, let's go to a strip club after enjoying a super nice dinner at a pretty nice restaurant. we might as well, we're already liquored up! it could be fun!

Now, Gracyn, if you're reading this, it should be a general rule of thumb to avoid any dude who thinks it's a good idea to take you to the strip club on your first date. A nice dinner, yes; a strip club? Not so much. Your daddy was the exception...

Anyway, we enjoyed our date night with a good meal and decided we skip the strippers this time around...
nom nom nom nom
free dessert.
After dinner, we went to a bar to have another cocktail and reconnect again as husband and wife. Actually, we talked the whole time about how tired we were (very), how much longer the baby would be teething (the rest of her life), and the fact that I wished I was wearing sweatpants. We are so awesome and romantic it's cray cray.
still lookin' good.

{FOUR: MOTHER'S DAY BIRTHDAY MASSAGE}


Justin got me a Groupon for Mother's Day that entitled me to a one-hour massage. I have only gotten one other massage in my life so I was pretty pumped to receive such a nice gift. Mother's Day was 4 months ago and I still hadn't gotten around to using said Groupon so I finally got that bad boy scheduled and had a very relaxing massage this morning. It was wonderful.

{FIVE}

#stoptalkingaboutyourbirthday #noonecares #watchthisvideoinstead



Linking up with {the good life blog}...

2 comments

  1. Happy birthday! I'm so glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm the worst person ever and am now just seeing your comment but thank you!!

      Delete