Mummy Fail.

And maybe a mommy fail, too?!

I was determined to make G's costume for her first ever Halloween and try to make it extra special - as if she would even remember. I take 13848384 pictures on any given day so even though she won't remember, she will be able to look back on her first Halloween and see how awesome her costume was.

So...I thought long and hard about what she could be; I didn't want to spend a bunch of cash on something she'd only wear one time and thought I could handle being crafty. I landed on dressing her up as a mummy. How cute would she be as a mummy?! So cute. I was armed with an idea in my head (girly, lace-y, fun headpiece, etc.), hit up HobLob, got out my hot glue gun and went to town.

I started with a white long sleeve onesie, white leg warmers, a plain white headband and lace. Lots of lace. 

Ok so it didn't look terrible sitting there on the dining room table and I still don't think it's awful but it sure did look goofy once I put it on the baby (she was a good sport, by the way)...
It totally looks like I just glued a bunch of shit onto a onesie. Not quite the look I was going for. And poor G. The lace was itchy and she kept pulling at it and taking her whack headband off. She was not loving life and I don't blame her. So here we are, back to square one in the costume department and Halloween is tomorrow. 

Luckily Grandma Sarah (who is really very good at being crafty) is to the rescue. My parents are coming down for the weekend and my mom is brining a Halloween tutu that she whipped up last night. We'll pair that with a few other items and turn Gracyn into a Halloween witch just in time to hand out candy to all of the neighborhood kiddos..and take 13844827 more pictures.

Happy Halloween!





No comments