Weekend Happenings

It's Monday and I'm tired. Big surprise. We had a busy weekend filled with friends and family time and the weather was b-e-a-utiful. Really, in life, what more do you need?!

The weekend started a few hours early when Boss Hog closed the office at 2pm for a company-wide miniature golf tournament. The reason? Just because. Yeah, be jealous. I always say (mostly to remind myself that I really do have it pretty darn good and should keep my complaints to a minimum) that if I HAVE to work and be away from Gracyn all the live-long day that I have a pretty good place to go... We only have 15 employees and we are more like one big happy dysfunctional family so if the man in charge wants to close early to go play putt-putt and drink beers, who are we to oppose?
There were prizes but my team did not win, unfortunately. After golf, we picked up our significant others and headed to Boss Hog's house for dinner and more drinks. Gracyn was a big hit (I was the only one who brought their kid but it was cool 'cuz she's a baby) and she was a trooper staying out until 10pm. She slept until 9:30 Saturday morning so I'd say she had a good time.

On Saturday we headed over to Alyssa and Brian's house to watch the OU game (I don't want to talk about it- we're still recovering). After a short while, the girls said "Eff it, let's go shopping!" and we headed out.

Obviously we had to stop for a margarita and chips and salsa...
Soon after that Gracyn needed a change of clothes (too much fun with the girls) and this is the only thing I could find in the diaper bag: a whack Royals onesie from Walmart that was too big - it looked like she was wearing baby shoulder pads - and crew socks. No pants. A true fashionista if you ask me.
Justin later informed me that there were indeed pants in there, I just didn't look hard enough. I found them eventually. Luckily it was a nice day and she could get away with traipsing around town without bottoms for a little while. Maybe I should have only had one margarita...

Sunday included lunch with an old dear friend followed by family pictures. I spent the week fretting about what we were going to wear and even created "inspiration boards" on my phone to gather outfit ideas. Not sure if it really helped but I feel like we looked somewhat put together and I'm excited to see the finished images in a few weeks.
After pictures we hightailed it to Leavenworth to eat dinner with my parents, brother and his family and my aunt and uncle. We were all over the place and the only naps G had were in her car seat. She was over it by the end of the day and ready to get back to our normal lives where we don't do anything exciting.

This week should be pretty mundane which will be nice. The only thing on my agenda so far is to start working on G's Halloween costume. I'm going to make it (she's going to be a mummy) and I have a picture in my head of how I want it to look so I'm hoping it turns out. 

Don't worry, you know I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments