For the love of Friday...

Another week gone. This means I'm that much closer to the end of my maternity leave which makes me full-on depressed. Not that I should complain since I'll still be working from home for the time being but come October, I'll have to physically turn on my work computer and answer emails and things like that. I'd much rather be snuggling a baby all day, thank you very much.

Until then, though, I have big plans to enjoy September which is arguably the best month of the year. The weather cools down, the leaves change color and we end the month celebrating my birthday! Woo! The first week of this glorious month was a good one and I'm sure the rest will follow suit.

{ONE}

Baker turned ONE month old on Monday and his belly button stump finally fell off. That meant this boy got to enjoy his first official bath at home! Those big sisters were all too eager to help out but the little man wasn't so sure... I mean, look at his face! He didn't cry and only fussed a little so I'd say it was a success.




{TWO}

The girls and I took Baker to his one-month well visit on Tuesday. I thought for sure he'd crack the 7-pound mark but alas, he clocked in at 6 lbs 15 oz which puts him in the second percentile for growth. He was over 19 inches long (44th percentile). Such a little squirt. He had gained 12 ounces in 14 days and the doctor was definitely happy with that progress. Keep up the good work, big guy!

In other not so great news, the pediatrician also mentioned they had flu shots ready and available and asked if it'd be OK to stick the girls while we were there. SURPRISE! They were NOT happy with me but I told them it was important to get our flu shots to keep Baker safe and healthy. I also promised they could watch Justin and I get our own flu shots later on. The nurse was quick (Gracyn cried more than Leighton did..) and all was well after stickers and suckers.

{THREE}

I've been living in these sweatpants since my sister-in-law brought them to the hospital for me. So soft and comfy. I have the gray but may need to purchase the black just to have on hand.


{FOUR}

There is a little more time to donate to #TeamHeartBaker for the Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk!
We've raised more than $2,000 which is amazing! So excited to be giving back to this great organization.

We're actually going to our first family event with the Down Syndrome Guild of Kansas City this weekend. They're hosting all of the guild families at the Weston Red Barn Farm for a fun day of Fall activities. It's quite the jaunt from our house so we'll make a little day trip out of it and hopefully meet some new friends!

{FIVE}

Make sure you check out Instagram later this morning and enter the giveaway I'm hosting with a few other blog friends. We all have September birthdays and thought it'd be fun to give away some cold, hard cash. Go enter to win $100 and tag yo' friends, too!


Have a great weekend!



SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments

  1. Go Baker, go! Glad he's gaining ... keep the liquids flowing! Love his bath pic! He'll learn to love a soothing bath. Have a fun weekend! Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Baker! Keep on growing little guy(but not too fast!)

    Those sweatpants look awesome. I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sweatpants! I think I am going to order myself some for my maternity leave too. Also, happy birthday month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bath time picture of Baker is so cute. He looks really confused by this whole bath concept. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete