Gracyn Says...



First. These pictures. She's stunning and I am in awe of her.

Second. Like every parent, I find my own child to be hilarious. Like, the funniest kid ever. It's getting better and better every day, too. The things she says, the looks she gives. She's starting to tell jokes and use sarcasm. It's the best.

Here are a few convos we've had within the last month or so...

After hitting her head on the bannister...
Me: oh, are you OK?!
Gracyn: it's ok... i'm brave.

While checking herself out in the bathroom mirror after brushing her teeth...
Gracyn: oh, hey babe!

In the middle of giving Justin a check-up McStuffins-style...
Justin: what are you doing?
Gracyn: it's ok, i'm a doctor.
Justin: but...
Gracyn: shhh...

After realizing Justin wasn't in the room...
Gracyn: mom, where's Justin?! 

Protesting bedtime and my singing of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"...
Gracyn: i want Justin!!!

(let it be known that I find it hilarious that she sometimes calls Justin by his first name. Justin? Not so much...)

Helping me get Leighton up from her nap...
Gracyn: mom! she's soooooo cute!
Mackenzie: *heart literally explodes*
Gracyn: she's so preeeeety!!!
Mackenzie: *puddle on the floor*

After accidentally knocking herself in the head with a tube of diaper cream...
Gracyn: hey, hey! easy. easy...

Randomly at the table during breakfast...
Gracyn: i'm super cute!
Mackenzie: yes, you are super cute.
Gracyn: and Leighton's super cute, and daddy's supper cute, and mommy's super cute!

Coming downstairs after nap...
Gracyn: this is my room, and mommy's room, and Leighton's room!
Mackenzie: yep, this is our house.
Gracyn: i know, it's amazing!

At the park...
Gracyn: follow me, mom! don't be scared. i'm your best friend.

After I handed her a plain bagel, not toasted or anything...
Gracyn: oh wow! I love it...

While playing with play-doh...
Gracyn: make a cow, mommy?
Mackenzie: well, I don't know if I know how to make a cow...
Gracyn: oh of course you do. you can do it..

Anytime I ask her to get or do anything...
Gracyn: i'm on it, mom!

1 comment