Flower Child

I've been meaning to post these pictures for the entire month of May. Life is busy, man.

Gracyn helped me plant some flowers at the beginning of the month. I do not have a green thumb at all but I'm happy to report that all but 3 plants are still alive today, 4 weeks later. And the 3 that died were planted in a flower pot that apparently did not have any type of hole for water to drain out. We've gotten 4329 inches of rain this month and unfortunately, they drowned. But! The rest are looking pretty good for the most part.

Gracyn was in charge of bringing me the plants and telling me where we should plant them. Her tiny garden gloves stayed on for approximately 3 minutes before she ditched them and dug around in the dirt bare handed. I like a girl who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.


After I loaded these pictures I had a deja vu moment. The pics just seemed so familiar. I went back and look and realized girlfriend was wearing the same shirt last year when we planted flowers. Total coincidence, since the itty bitty t-shirt barely fits her anymore but what a difference a year makes!


Day 2. Planting our hanging baskets at pots for the back deck. She needed a break to "relax" in the middle of planting. I can't blame her. It's hard work.




1 comment

  1. Melt my heart and fill my soul ... LOVE that Gracyn helped you plant without her gloves! Dirt feels great, especially while planting flowers. Should have encouraged my daughter to 'help' back in the day ... (sigh) ... fun photos!

    ReplyDelete