Five on Friday

It's Friday. Amen.

{ONE :: Baby Numero Dos}

I'm so glad to have the baby news out in the open! It's already a different pregnancy the second time around. The main thing being that I am ginormous. Like, so big. I'll have to have a chitchat with my doctor next week about the large fetus growing inside me. I'm sure it's normal - everyone says you get/feel bigger faster the 2nd time around. It's just taken me by surprise, I guess.

Of course I'm already planning and thinking about everything we need to do before baby arrives. Most of it centers around Gracyn and getting her ready to share the spotlight. We are moving her into a different bedroom complete with a big girl bed and everything. I can't decide if we should do this before or after the baby gets here? I don't want to rush her out of the crib - she is still my baby after all - but she'll be almost two by then so we'll see. Daycare thinks she'll be ready to start potty training around that same time but I'm thinking we'll wait on that one. Making sure she goes potty every 20 minutes and/or cleaning up accidents while trying to care for a newborn doesn't seem all that exciting.

One thing's for sure though - she will be the best big sis.

{TWO :: Grandma and Papa are here!}

My parents are down this week babysitting Gracyn while daycare is closed for a few days. It's always fun to watch her with them. She's a lucky gal.

{THREE :: C'mon Baby Girl!}

My bestie Kelsi is patiently awaiting the birth of her little girl. Looks like the little miss is taking her sweet time and will come when she's good and ready! I can't wait for her to arrive. Kels will be the best mama and Gracyn can't wait to meet her new best friend.

{FOUR :: 10 Years}

My 10 year high school reunion is in Sioux Falls this weekend. Ten. Years. It seems like yesterday and yet I hardly remember high school - if that makes sense.

I was lucky to have a core group of girlfriends and the 6 of us still keep in touch as much as we can. We're all married or getting married or having babies or raising toddlers and it's crazy to think we've been friends for 15-ish years! We will be reunited in August for Meghan's wedding bash and I cannot wait. It is good for my soul when we all get back together.

{FIVE :: Family Time}

My older brother and his family are moving to Lincoln, NE for his new job in a few weeks. We are having a little family get together this weekend and I'm excited to spend some time with them and the kiddos. We are bummed they're moving away but so excited for them as they start this new adventure. Plus, they're moving to my old college stomping grounds so I'll be excited to go visit sooner rather than later. Go Big Red!

You know the drill - linking up with the best!

No comments