Recipe :: Cheesy Brat Stew

I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a good cook. I don't really enjoy cooking and whenever I'm faced with making a meal for my family, I look for the easiest thing to make with the shortest ingredient list.

Since I don't really fancy cooking, I'm also NOT a food blogger. Case in point - I forgot to snag a pic of the finished product until we had devoured half the dish. And I took the pictures with my cell phone and couldn't decide what filter made the dinner look appetizing. The real food bloggers are cringing right now.

Anyway, this Cheesy Brat Stew recipe is easy and it tastes good. I got the recipe from my mama, who made it for us growing up, so I have no clue how the original recipe came to be. It's hearty, the ingredient list is manageable and the prep work is easy. It all cooks in one dish so clean-up is a breeze too.

I actually didn't even make it (the hubby did...) but if I had to cook it, I could, so it's a winner. It also holds up as leftovers, tasting just as good the next day. And the day after that. I feel like it would also be good with sausage, but we haven't tried it yet. And, Cheesy Sausage Stew doesn't sound great... ;)


Ingredients

5-6 Fully Cooked Brats
(cut into 1/2 inch pieces)

2 Medium Potatoes
cooked and cubed

1 Can Green Beans
drained

1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 Small Onion
chopped

2-3 Quart Casserole Dish

Instructions

Stir All Ingredients Together

Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes
or until heated through


BOOM. Done.

1 comment

  1. Think I will try that since I know your mama is a GOOD cook.

    ReplyDelete