4th of July Shenanigans + 16 Weeks

We went to Tulsa for the 4th of July to spend some time with Justin's family. There was food, lake time, late nights, fireworks, no naps, boat rides and one miserable drive home that I prefer to block out of my memory but all in all, it was a great weekend. We don't see Justin's family nearly enough so it was nice to have a little quality time with them.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen most of these photos because I'm addicted and can't stop myself from posting my heavily filtered photos. We left Thursday afternoon and kept Gracyn entertained by practicing facial expressions...
happy. sad (kinda). surprised.
We stopped and watched fireworks in the park and went back to Grandma Michele's house to play and stay up way past our bedtime. G still woke up at 7:15 am the next morning. She knew we were going to the lake to swim and she was too excited to sleep. Or something. Between grainy cell phone pictures and my really nice camera that I don't use nearly enough, we got {way too many} pictures.

Gracyn actually fell asleep in my lap while Justin and our nephew Brennen shot off fireworks. Exhausted, much? Don't worry, she woke up when I tried laying her down and would only sleep if she was sharing the double bed with us. It was fun for everyone involved, I promise.

The next day we went to Grandma Michele to her friend's lake house to eat and take a boat ride. G did really well on the boat - her first boat ride was last year in Okoboji - and she even fell asleep for a little while. She woke up just in time for ice cream and to make sure she made some sort of noise (whining, crying, screaming) the entire drive home...
whining, crying, screaming + kicking feet as an added bonus.
We were all glad to get home last night. I gave the screaming banshee a quick bath and put her in bed. She slept until 9:30 this morning and took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. Girlfriend needed some rest after an eventful 2 days. She doesn't know it but she's going to bed around 7pm tonight just to make sure she's caught up.

In other news...

16 weeks.

Gracyn insisted on wearing this stylish headband. I haven't felt any movements yet but I'm hoping it's soon. And only 2 weeks until we find out if baby is a "he" or a "she"!

1 comment

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled weekend! Glad the little miss is getting some sleep - always hard to keep on schedule with so many to see and much to do. Sweet bump post too... precious.

    ReplyDelete