Five Favorites

I'm new at this but I'm linking up with Camp Patton a day late for my first-ever link-up (and my third-ever blog post...)

If you do not read Camp Patton, you must. I know I'm typing this to nobody but go now. Read it. Grace is hilarious and has the cutest stinkin' kids around. I wish we were friends in real life. Grace, if you're reading this (and I know you're not), I have a cute little 6 month old chickadee for baby Theo. Just sayin'.

Sorry for being a creepy blog stalker. Back to my faves...

1. Weddings

My oldest friend Christie got hitched this last weekend in South Dakota and she made the most beautiful bride. The best part was having all of my closest girlfriends from high school in one room which hasn't happened since my wedding over 2 years ago. We can go months (and years, apparently) without seeing each other but the minute we all get back together, it's like no time has passed. I'm getting deep, I know...
Besties.
We spent the evening reminiscing about the good ol' days and celebrating Christie and her man. It was a solid evening. Gracyn even got to party for a little bit until Grandma and Papa took her home to bed.

2. Starting solids

I'm going to go all geeky new-mom on you but I am so excited that Gracyn is finally 6 months old so we can start introducing her to new foods. We started rice cereal and oatmeal around 5 months to get her used to eating off a spoon, tasting the food and swallowing. She picked up the new skill like a champ and after about 3 days was scarfing that stuff down the hatch. 
Gimme more. Gimme gimme more.
To celebrate her 6-month birthday last night she got to try sweet potatoes. I had the camera ready to capture a gag face but nope. Nothing. She just ate them like she's been eating them her whole short life.  Alrighty, then. Add sweet potatoes to the menu.

3. 30-day Ab & Squat Challenge

I wouldn't call this my FAVORITE thing but it is something I'm kinda sorta proud of. At the end of June, I was finally getting fed up with carrying around the rest of the bebe weight and googled "Squat Challenge" and found a 30-day workout schedule. Then I googled "Ab Challenge" and found a similar schedule so I mashed the two together and put an alarm in my phone to remind me to start working out on July 1st - I need all the motivation I can get when it comes to working out - the alarm in the phone was a must. I begged Justin to do it with me just so I'd have a person to complain about working out while we were working out. After the first day, which was a measly 10 sit-ups and like 50 squats, I thought this was for sure going to be the death of me. I could barely walk after day 3 (out of shape, much??? just a little...). BUT we're on day 24 (go us!) and I must say, I can tell a difference. I still have a ways to go but this is a start. Baby steps, people.

4. Candy Crush

Ugh. Why did I ever start playing this game? So addicting. Running out of lives is the worst and I hate when you can't pass a level and you're stuck for days and days. I find myself playing at work which is no bueno but I can't help it! I need it!

5. Cousins

Apparently it's National Cousin's Day. I have super awesome cousins and consider them to be my best friends. My cousin Alyssa was my maid of honor and introduced me to my hubby. I named my kid after her and everything. We tight. 

This pic is from a few years ago but it's all of us together. Between spouses and kids there's, like, a lot more of us and we're multiplying - more babies!
Cuzzies.
Anyway, my fam is pretty legit. If you can't tell from the picture above, we like to have a good time and there is never a dull moment when we're all together.

All for now I suppose. For those of you that care I'm trying really hard to get a good video of Gracyn laughing but apparently she only thinks things are funny one time and that's the 1% of the time when I don't have the camera pointed in her face.

Maybe tomorrow!

No comments