Thanksgiving 2017

Finally getting around to recapping our Thanksgiving last week! It was very low key, which isn't the norm for us. We're usually traveling either up to South Dakota or down to Oklahoma to spend it with family but with Baker's surgery quickly approaching, we thought it was best to stay home and keep everyone as healthy as possible.

We (and by "we" I mean Justin...) cooked up a whole Thanksgiving feast for our family. Just the five of us. Fifteen-pound bird included.... That's a whole lotta meat for basically two people. We still have some leftover in the fridge!

The kids got up early so we made breakfast and watched the Thanksgiving Day parade. The girls were very concerned that they'd miss Santa at the end and spent the entire morning asking when he'd show up.




Babies in overalls, plaid and miniature cowboy boots are my new favorite thing....




We really just hung out all day - didn't leave the house once. Ate our way through the afternoon until it was time to put up the Christmas tree. I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving but since we were home, I figured it was as good a time as any!




Red the Elf came back Friday morning bringing new breakfast and Christmas pajamas for the kids. We've already forgotten to move him and Gracyn totally busted me the other morning. I had to make up some excuse as to why I was touching him - I think she bought my story so Christmas hopefully isn't completely ruined for her... ;)




We've almost reached Griswold status with the house lights this year. The damn arch over our driveway is the neighborhood "thing" this year. This bad boy sways in the wind all day long and Justin had to anchor it to the house to prevent it from snapping in half. A few other neighbors build one as well and while it does look nice all lit up, I think it's a bit over the top! :)


I did some damage online shopping on Black Friday and I think we've had packages delivered every day this week. We're trying hard not to go overboard with presents and I have a list of things to get done these next two weeks before leaving for St. Louis. My goal is to have all Christmas (and Leighton's birthday!) shopping completely done and everything wrapped before we leave in case we're gone longer than expected.

These next two weeks and surgery day will be trying for me but I'm trying to remember all the things we have to be thankful for and just how amazing it'll be to have Baker back home with a whole heart.

It's the most wonderful time of year, for sure.


1 comment

  1. One of these days little man will smile when he sees the phone/camera, just like his sissies! Love the pics and can't wait to see your home all decked out for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete