32

I turned 32 years old on Monday. I love my birthday and don't fret too much about turning another year older. Not yet, anyways! 32 seems older (like, basically mid-thirties!) but I'd say I still don't feel a day over 30... ;) That's good, I suppose - you're only as old as you feel, right?!

Justin had to work but my parents and my brother were still in town from the weekend and we ended up having the best little day with the kiddos!


We headed to breakfast at Foodys near our house and while trying to decide what to do next, quickly found out that all the fun things are closed on Mondays. Museums? Closed. Breweries? Closed. Boo!



Luckily, I had remembered that The Roasterie offered factory tours and happened to be open (yay!) so I quickly called to ask if they allowed unruly children (they do!) and we made our way to join the 12:30 group! I always love when we get the chance to explore more of our city so I was glad this worked out. The entire place smelled heavenly - fresh coffee! - and we got to sample a few of their blends at the end. Baker had to wear a hair net during the tour and Leighton only lost her shiz once so I'll call it a win!




I was totally trying to channel Desiree and make my kids stand in front of this beautiful yellow wall and take an Instagram-worthy picture but alas, girls had other plans and claimed to be blinded by the sun...



The plane on the building is a nice touch!


After the factory tour, we headed back home so Leighton could nap trash her room and waited for Justin to get home from work. Then it was time for the birthday party to start! The girls helped me open my gifts and try on my new boots (!!!) before heading out to dinner.


We headed to Martin City Brewing Company for beers and food and a semi-decent family photo... Leighton's new "face" when we tell her to smile is something else! Ha!


We ended the night with "Happy Birthday" and cake and ice cream. It was a really, really good day with my favorite people. Cheers to 32!

3 comments

  1. It was a good day! Glad we got to spend it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, baby in a hairnet gets all the heart eyes. So glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a beautiful day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete