Five on Friday

Happy Friday! It's supposed to cool down a bit this weekend so that means lots of time outdoors without sweating like a P-I-G! This preggo is thankful for that!

{ONE}

Our sweet neighbors invited us to the lake on Wednesday night. They have an awesome boat and their daughter is one of G's little besties and we were so excited to get out there and relax a bit! Well, relax as much as you can with 6 little kids wanting to swim and jump off the boat and eat all the snacks.

The girls swam, Justin got up on the surfboard and I was just along for the ride. We really hit the jackpot when it comes to our neighborhood and the families that live around us. We're coming up on ONE year in our new home and we love it more every day. I'm so thankful that we get to do life with these people and have the girls growing up with some of the best kiddos around!









Surfing USA from Mackenzie Oakley on Vimeo.

{TWO}

As a result of a late night on the lake, Leighton slept in until 10 AM on Thursday morning. She was down for a nap by 12:30 and in bed before 8 PM. Homegirl can hang all day and night but we sure pay for it the next day! Gracyn wasn't too far behind her and was asleep by 8:45.

{THREE}

Since sharing a few updates on Baker I've had a few books recommended to me by some peeps. I went to the library and brought a few home and am currently reading Bloom by Kelle Hampton. SO GOOD. She's an excellent writer and I was crying and nodding along with her words from the beginning. I have a couple other memoirs written by moms of kiddos with Down syndrome that I plan on reading, too, and I'm on a waitlist for Option B by Sheryl Sandberg. A little self-help never hurt anyone, right?! ;)


{FOUR}

We had an appointment with Baker's cardiologist yesterday along with a growth scan. My little boyfriend weighs 3 lb 3 oz and has enough hair that you can physically SEE it on the screen! I'm guessing it'll be dark like the girls' hair when they were born. His heart looks good, mainly meaning the 4 chambers are all a good size, there is no fluid built up around the muscle and there isn't any leakage or regurgitation. The doctor was happy to see there weren't any changes and so were we. My c-section is scheduled for August 23rd which means we're less than 9 weeks away from meeting this dude! Gah!

{FIVE}

And since we're running out of time.... I need to get my act together and make a few more purchases for this guy.

First up, he needs a "coming home" outfit. The girls were born in the winter and each had a cute little ensemble consisting of a little sleeper and matching hat. Nothing major, but I still have those tiny outfits and love them. I'm sure it'll be 105 degrees the day we bring him home so I need something summery this time around. A romper? Justin hates "rompers" by the way - even though I tried explaining they're basically the same as onesies. Shorts and a bro-tank or sleeveless hoodie (YES PLEASE!)? So many options...

Every boy needs accessories, right?! Bibs, bandanas, hats, etc...


And he'll for sure need a pair of moccs as we enter into the Fall... My faves are Sweet N Swag but I'm having a hard time deciding on color. Denim? NavyCamo? Stone Gray? ALL OF THEM?!
Also, based on these selections Baker is a bit on the hipster side with way more style than I'll ever have.. ;)

Happy weekend!


SaveSave