Christmas 2017

The holiday season is coming to a close and we're all officially depressed over here! Like most, I really love this time of year and all of the things that come along with Christmas and I'm always a little sad to see it go.

We had the very best Christmas at home - just our little family of five. We had some redeeming to do after last year when I was newly pregnant and the stomach bug took us out one by one. This year, there was no sickness and we have so very much to be celebrating and to be thankful for. Our 2017 was quite the doozy to say the least so to have a peaceful holiday at home with my husband and kids was nothing short of magical. 

We kicked off the weekend by making cookies for Santa on Friday afternoon followed by a quick dinner out as a family (Chipotle because we fancy...) and then drove around a bit looking at Christmas lights. There are a few stellar neighborhoods around town and it was so fun to hear the girls in the back seat getting excited about the displays. We hung out at home on Saturday and had my cousin and her family over for dinner. The kids played, ate cookies and stayed up way too late.

We woke up to SNOW on Christmas Eve! I don't even think we got an inch but it didn't matter - everything was covered just enough to make it look like a white Christmas! I snagged pictures of the kids this morning since I knew they'd be too excited to sit still after Santa came to visit!


I think Gracyn was bundled up and outside by 9am to play. It was cold but my South Dakota heart loved it. It'd been awhile since we had snow on Christmas here in Kansas so it was fun for sure. We had our traditional spaghetti dinner followed by opening a few gifts. We always got to open a few presents on Christmas Eve as a kid and we've continued the tradition with our family!


I thought the girls would be up suuuuuper early on Christmas morning but it wasn't actually too bad. They were so excited to see what Santa had brought. Fingerlings! A Smart Watch! A scooter! They were spoiled, for sure!

We went to my cousin's house for dinner that night and spent an extra day off on Tuesday recovering and trying to organize all of our new goodies. 


I normally leave the Christmas tree and decor up until New Years Day which gives us a little extra time to enjoy this time of year. I'm very much looking forward to 2018 but trying to soak up the last few (uneventful!) days of what was a very trying year for us. We're so glad the girls are healthy and that Baker has stolen our hearts - Christmas this year just felt good - like we could breathe - and I'm so grateful for this family of mine.


2 comments

  1. Beautiful smiles add to beautiful memories! Sounds like a perfect Christmas (except we missed you!) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love the year by year pictures! My favorite!

    I'm a big fan of leaving decor up through New Years too! I'll be sad when our twinkling lights are all gone.

    ReplyDelete