Life Lately

Playing catchup on the old blog today, trying to clear my camera roll (to make room for more baby pictures, I'm sure of it..) and share a little bit about what's been happening in between all of the newborn snuggles over here! Life continues to chug right along, Baker is almost a month old which is freaking insane and those older two girls don't slow down either!

We've been spending as much time as we can outdoors before the weather turns cold. Come cold and flu season I'm sure we'll be holed up like recluses in an attempt to keep Baker healthy prior to heart surgery. The weather has been fantastic lately and it helps wear the girls out a bit before bed.



We were all geared up for the solar eclipse last week but I wasn't too impressed. I know, I know - once in a lifetime opportunity and all but clouds rolled in right before totality and I was under the impression it was going to get, like, nighttime dark and it really didn't. Not at our house, anyway. Justin said it got pretty dark up north where he was working that day so I guess it just depended on where you were. I guess the glasses were pretty cool... ;)


It stormed really bad one night and all three kids were up at 3 AM (Baker was eating, the other two were woken up by thunder...) so Justin tried throwing them in bed together to see if it helped them fall back asleep. He ended up having to camp out on Leighton's bed with them for a few hours and I found them like this when I went to wake them up for school...


Baker Man along for the ride - probably to another doctor's appointment or to preschool. Those are really the only places we've gone so far. I did manage to take all three to Deanna Rose today. By myself. And everyone survived with mild complaining and very little sweat on my part. Winning!


The morning scene around these parts. The girls like to be in his face the second we get up. It's a shame they don't love him...


Both girls utterly and completely surprised me at their dental appointments last week. Our visit 6 months ago wasn't a total bust but G cried when it was time for her cleaning and Leighton wouldn't even sit in the chair. This time was a totally different story! Both of them had x-rays and let the hygienist clean and floss their teeth. The dentist was even able to do her exams. It was amazing and I'm so thankful it went well since Justin couldn't come with (Baker was home with Grandma and Papa!).


Speaking of Grandma and Papa... in their element! 


Baker totally looks like a lizard here but he was doing so well with tummy time a few days ago! I'm waiting on a call from Infant/Toddler Services to get his in-home therapy set up but the hospital sent us home with a few exercises we could start right away with him. Kids with Down syndrome have low muscle tone which makes them extra cuddly (he just melts into you when you hold him) but not always the best when it comes to holding their heads up (and eventually hitting milestones like sitting, crawling and walking) so we wanted to make sure we started working with him as soon as possible.

He will lift his head and look around anytime he's up on your shoulder to burp and is working hard on gaining that head control!


My parents left and Justin's at work so this is my first week home alone with the kids. It's Wednesday and I'm feeling really good about life so far! Justin will need to head out of town for work next week (only for 1 night but still....) so maybe that will be my true test? Ha! All in all, though, the girls have been pretty good for me minus some meltdowns from Leighton at nap time. They've been big helpers and we're all kind of getting into the groove of life as a family of five!

On another good note - we hit our initial fundraising goal for #TeamHeartBaker and the Step Up Walk! I've said it before but we're seriously blown away by the support for our little man. THANK YOU to everyone who has pitched in. We have an amazing team gathering for him and cannot wait to celebrate this dude. There's still time to register and/or donate if you wish!

Happy Wednesday!
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments

  1. Your photos made me laugh .. love real life captured in time. Enjoy getting into the groove - you've got this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally rocking the three kids role! Gives me hope ;)
    So the eclipses sucked here too, we were shrouded in fog and I didnt even bother with the cool glasses (momfail lol)

    ReplyDelete