baby by oakley: Five on Friday | Sick {Again}

Navigation

Friday, March 24, 2017

Five on Friday | Sick {Again}

Happy Friday!

{ONE}

I'm excited for the weekend - who isn't?! - but I also need everyone to get healthy. I started typing this out at 5:42 AM while I waited for Gracyn to either throw up again or have to use the potty. She has some sort of stomach bug that's been lingering since Wednesday and I am so. over. it.  I thought we were in the clear yesterday - she had kept food down since Wednesday mid-morning and never ran a temp or anything like that. But she still wasn't 100%. 

You haven't lived as a parent until you have to describe diarrhea to a worried four year old. Suuuuuper fun I tell you. #sogross

She randomly woke up at 4 AM this morning and had thrown up so we're back to square one. I'm definitely done with the month of March. The kids and I have been sick on and off for 3 weeks now and I can't hang anymore. Ready to feel "normal" - cold and flu germs can get the eff out. The rest of my day will consist of laundry, disinfecting the entire house (again) and a trip to Target for pedialyte (for G) and candy (for me) since I can't drink to cope with this nastiness.


She doesn't look sick, does she!?! In fact, she looks like she's 17 years old and I about died when I saw this picture. SHE'S SO OLD.

In other news...

{TWO}

18 weeks with Baby #3! We find out gender (finally!) two weeks from Monday and I'm leaning towards boy. I also thought the other two girls were boys so my intuition is usually dead wrong. I won't be placing any bets. So excited to get a peek at this babe and make sure they're growing as they should.


{THREE}

We are now a two-vehicle family once again. Justin found a good deal on a 2010 Ford F-150 pickup truck and his life is now complete. ;) I tried to convince him to go the nice family sedan route but it was a no-go. He's wanted a truck (other than his work truck that's full of tools and equipment and basically useless after working hours...) for a long time now so he wins. It's a nice truck that will last us a very long time and will come in handy as our family grows. We took a family cruise earlier this week to grab free ice cream cones at Dairy Queen. You know, before the vomiting started.


{FOUR}

New truck means a nice new (strict) budget for all the things but these shoes might need to come home with me... 

I wear my Converse Shorelines all the time and these look very similar. Might have to move some funds around... ha!

{FIVE}

Anyone else tired of the random Instagram comments that show up on your posts? I guess that's what I get for using hashtags bit the robo-responses are so ridiculous. I could post something about my kid barfing all over me and get a comment that reads "Your page rocks!" or "Beautiful photo!" with the starburst emoji. I mean, it just doesn't make sense! I try to respond to people who take time to comment or ask questions on my posts but I never know what to do with those ones..

Anyway, cheers to the weekend! And hopefully no more sickness!




SaveSave

9 comments:

  1. ugh! Poor Gracyn, nothing worse than being sick. Fingers crossed no one else gets the double dose bug. Hang in there .. hope the weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - hope G kicks that stomach bug today and the rest of you stay well! I love those shoes and your comment about moving funds around. Hope your weekend is up from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog! I am also pregnant with my 3rd- 17 weeks along.
    one note from our experience with a 4 yr old and stomach bug... I think that the use of pedalyte pro-longed his illness... once we switched him to Gatorade and water he got much better. Just a thought!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, glad you said something because I read the same thing this morning! We did actually skip the pedialyte and got Gatorade instead. And congrats on your baby #3!!

      Delete
  4. Brantley had diarrhea this morning (TMI?) and now you have me freaked out that puking isn't far off. Noooooo!!!!! Those shoes are adorable! I just got a pair of Converse Shorelines (and love them!) but these price of these is way better! Boooo for strict budgets... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said, "see how they're doing." Do you have a secret??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, no secret. There's only one in there that we know of!!

      Delete
  6. Oh no!! I hope this week is way healthier for your family!

    ReplyDelete