Five on Friday!

Finding a few minutes to blog these days has proven to be a challenging task. Finding things to actually blog about other than posting an abnormal number of pictures of my kids is even harder.

I'm up to my eyeballs in diapers and breast milk (breast milk everywhere...) so I apologize if the recent content in this corner of the internet has been thrown together haphazardly. I mean, it literally took me 3 days to write this post. I feel like I haven't had a cohesive thought in 4 weeks and I'm afraid it shows.

Ah, but that is life with a toddler and a newborn, no?

{ONE}

Speaking of breast milk, breastfeeding has been going really well this time compared to my journey with Gracyn. Leighton and I figured out the whole breastfeeding thing pretty early on and it's nice not to have to be hooked up to the pump for what felt like 23 hours a day. That being said, the littlest girl will not. stop. eating. So I guess it's kinda the same but at least when she's attached to me, I can walk around the house, act as a jungle gym for Gracyn and eat everything in site with my one free hand.

Our biggest issue is that she likes to snack all day long. She's a lazy little eater and tends to fall asleep halfway through, which means she wakes up and gets hungry again rather quickly. I still pump one or two times a day to build up a stash and so Justin can get in on the feedings by giving her a bottle. So far, so good.

{TWO}

Leighton has been with us for four weeks now and will be ONE month old tomorrow. What the what?! Not possible.


{THREE}

That also means my maternity leave is half over (boo!). My work situation is changing a little bit - I'll actually be working from home on a full-time basis (yay!) but that also means trying to figure out a new schedule and rhythm to our day as I try to work and entertain two kids. Getting my work done should be a piece of cake; making sure Gracyn isn't plopped in front of the TV all day while I'm answering emails will be the real challenge.

{FOUR}

Gracyn will be TWO years old next Friday. I can't even handle it. She's seriously so great and is turning into the funniest, cutest, most awesome little person.


{FIVE}

We're going back to Sioux Falls next weekend to spend some time with my parents. Both of my brothers are going to try and make the trip too so they can finally meet Leighton. We haven't been home since August and although it'll be a quick weekend trip, I'm so excited to make the visit.

That's all for today. Time to feed, change diapers and repeat.

Linking up with the usual crowd...



3 comments

  1. Love your 5 on Friday blog and the links! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from 5 on Friday!! Too cute! Your two girls are precious!!
    Justi Buck
    www.justannibuck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from Five on Friday, as well! Love your daughters' names. :) I only have one kiddo at the moment (13 month old daughter, Carrington) but I do work full time from home so if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete