Holiday Survival Kit + Man Crates

The holidays can be stressful. Luckily, through this little blogging community, I've had some help along the way this year when it comes to thinking of stocking stuffers and gift ideas for the people I love best. Heck, I even sat down and thought of a wish list for myself. It was fun to think and dream about the things I really want under the tree this Christmas. That, and the fact that I really like making picture collages...

Any way, my wish-list is just that - wishful thinking. Who knows what Santa will really bring me. But what do I need to survive during this crazy-busy time of year?

Enter my Holiday Survival Kit. Five things I can't live without during the most wonderful time of the year...


{ONE :: Christmas Music}

New and old! Pentatonix has a new Christmas CD that sounds pretty legit. Even Hootie, um, I mean Darius Rucker has a festive album out this year. Don't forget the classics though: N*Sync's Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays is one that I like to leave on repeat and we blast Rich Mullins' You Gotta Get Up loud and clear on Christmas morning.

{TWO :: Wine & Champs}

Can I just say that I'm really looking forward to a glass of wine or maybe even champagne after this baby girl is born? That's one thing I've kind of missed during this pregnancy. Even a cold beer sounds good at this point.

{THREE :: Online Shopping}

I have no desire to walk around a crowded mall at 9 months pregnant. No thank you. I've done all of my Christmas shopping online so far and I think I'll stick to the cyber deals for the rest of the goodies on my list.

{FOUR :: Easy Meals}

I have a feeling frozen meals and crockpot recipes will be our go-to's for dinner time come the middle of December.  Justin will be home with us the last 2 weeks of the month after baby is born and he does the majority of the cooking around these parts but with a toddler and a newborn, we don't need to be spending whatever energy we have left prepping complex dinners. Except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day of course. We're going all out those days. Mama needs ham and alllllll the fixings.

{FIVE :: Baby Girl, duh!}

My newest munchkin will be here just in time - she'll be the best gift. I cannot believe we'll be a family of four in less than two weeks. We have so much to be thankful for and cannot wait to have her home with us.

P.S. Those are her initials above. Any guesses!?! ;)

Now, if someone could package up all of those thing above {minus the little lady, of course} and send it my way, I'd be a happy camper.

As for Justin? He has a Holiday Survival Kit too... courtesy of Man Crates.


Man Crates is a company dedicated specifically to coming up with great gifts for the men in your life. They have a crate to suit every manly man's personality. I know Justin would get a kick out of the Clean Shave Crate. A crate dedicated to his beloved OU Sooners? Obviously. And I'm pretty sure any guy would appreciate a crate dedicated to whiskey, am I right? Man Crates guarantees a safe delivery of your goods and can even ship your crate the same day, making sure it arrives when you need it.
We say 'no' to ugly neckties, cologne samplers and executive trinkets. We don't save wrapping paper, we don't do ribbons.
We ship bragworthy gifts for guys. Gifts that you can't wait to arrive because you know the recipient will love opening them.
Gifts that people gather round at the office, people following the sounds of wood being torn from wood by the included, laser-engraved crowbar. 
We are Man Crates, and we deliver awesome gifts for men.
Did you see that the crates they deliver need to be opened with a crowbar? Pretty badass, no? It's a pretty sweet concept and I definitely plan on using them in the near future. Go check 'em out!

I was contacted by Man Crates to share a little bit about their company and product. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. Oh, and I would never, ever promote anything that wasn't awesome or something I wouldn't use myself...promise! ;)

And as if you haven't noticed already, link-ups are my jam. It's the best way to find new blogs, make new e-friends and connect with new readers...


No comments