Bumpdate :: 30 Weeks

First things first. The Bump says the baby is the size of a cucumber this week. Anywhere from 15.2 - 16.7 inches in length and weighing in at 2.5 - 3.8 pounds.

Um, no.


Call me crazy, but I've never seen a regular cucumber that tipped the height charts at 16 inches. Have you? Maybe a cucumber sprinkled with some whack fertilizer or cucumber steroids. Or one some kid was growing so he could enter it into a contest at the State Fair. Or one going for a world record. But not your run-of-the-mill cucumbers found at good 'ol Price Chopper. No siree, Bob!

I would consider the cucumber we had on hand to be pretty decent compared to other cucumbers but it was only a measly 10 inches long. The baby was 10 inches long 8 weeks ago! This wasn't going to work.

Enter Baby Center, which compared the baby to a head of cabbage. Much more reasonable, if you ask me.


The bump is impeded by a certain little girl who wouldn't stand still for a picture but you can still see it. It's huge. You can't miss it.

I've had knees and/or feet and/or fists up under my ribs all week and today was the first day that I was slightly uncomfortable sitting at my desk at work. On the flip-side, we have our c-section date scheduled and in 9 short weeks, this little gal will be joining our family!

And because it's fun, here's a little side-by-side comparison between bebe #1 and bebe #2...


Bigger? Same? Not smaller but definitely a different shape. Baby got back and she ain't afraid to show it.

No comments